This is my presentation and interpretation of both Capitalist versus Statist oriented governmental Document, Legislation, Programs, Agencies, Departments, etc. that make up the current United States government. I present the capitalist oriented elements first, followed by the statist oriented elements.
United States Capitalist Oriented Governmental Documents & Legislation, Programs, Agencies & Departments
EXAMPLES OF –
Capitalist-oriented Documents and Legislation:
- The First Ten Constitutional Amendments.
- Amendment XIII of the Constitution.
- Amendment XXI (21) of the Constitution repealing Amendment XVIII (18).
- Section 2 of Article I of the Constitution (especially the part “The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand,” meaning one representative for every 30,000 citizens). See Dr. Walter E. Williams article “Political Monopoly Power.”
- Any type of Deregulation Legislation.
- Any type of Legislation to properly and objectively protect absolute inalienable property rights.
- The essential constitutional requirements of Checks and Balances between the three branches of government: Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.
- Possible government programs to help Military Veterans while they serve, as needed or required, with such programs strictly limited to such purpose.
- The Funding and Financing for proper government functions under Capitalism would not be associated with or based on any type of taxation or wealth-property confiscation. Instead, funding would be based on such things as voluntary contributions and donations from individuals and businesses, and/or perhaps from many types of military or police festivals and fund raising events, and/or fees charged for proper, limited legitimate governmental services rendered (such as contractual enforcement) – whose purpose is to raise the funds necessary to pay for the proper functions of government, and nothing more. Under true Capitalism, no coercive government force (such as taxation or wealth-property confiscation) is permitted or allowed to be used to raise the necessary funds for the proper functions of government.
Capitalist-oriented Departments, Agencies, and Offices:
- Essential Executive Branch Departments:
– U.S. Department of Justice
– U.S. Department of Defense
– U.S. Department of State
– U.S. Department of Treasury (strictly oriented to the funding of the essential and proper functions of the government, and not oriented to any regulation or control of any free-market banking or financing institutions, practices, or activities).
- United States National Military Divisions.
- Local, State, and Federal Police and Law Enforcement Divisions and Agencies, including the FBI.
- All State and Local Justice Departments (the Courts).
— For a recent, very informative essay by Dr. George Reisman regarding the current frenzy of blaming Laissez-faire Capitalism (free-market economics) for the United States financial crisis, see his essay “The Myth that Laissez Faire is Responsible for Our Financial Crisis” at his blog site George Reisman’s Blog on Economics, Politics, Society, and Culture.
— Also, if you are interested in what is necessary to get the United States back to its original fundamentals of constitutionally-limited government, where individual and economic freedom truly exist, I highly recommend reading Dr. Reisman’s essay “Toward the Establishment of Laissez-faire Capitalism,” available online from The Jefferson School of Philosophy, Economics, and Psychology website.
United States Statist-Socialist-Marxist-Oriented Governmental Documents & Legislation, Programs, Agencies & Departments
EXAMPLES OF –
Statist-Socialist-oriented Documents and Legislation:
- Amendment XVI (16) of the Constitution.
- Amendment XVIII (18) of the Constitution, which was repealed by Amendment XXI (21).
- Today’s political disregard of Section 2 of Article I of the Constitution (especially the part “The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand,” meaning one representative for every 30,000 citizens) by the 1929 Congress passing a Bill known as 2 U.S.C. Sec. 2, Election of Senators and Representatives, fixing number of representatives to 435. See Dr. Walter E. Williams article “Political Monopoly Power.”
- Most of Section 8 of Article I of the Constitution, especially that dealing with taxation, coining of money, and control of commerce.
- The Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890.
- The Federal Reserve Act of 1913, establishing The Federal Reserve System.
- The New Deal Acts by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1933-1936, including the end of the Gold Standard.
- The Securities Act of 1933.
- The Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
- The Reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine. – The Fairness Doctrine is legislation based on the application of the Anarchic Concept of Freedom. See Item No. 3 for explanation.
- The Federal Reserve System, established by The Federal Reserve Act of 1913.
- Several of the New Deal programs from 1933-1936 that remain in place, such as:
– the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC),
– the Federal Housing Administration (FHA),
– the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA),
– the Social Security System,
– the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC),
– and Fannie Mae, and its 1970 cousin Freddie Mac.
- The Agricultural (Farm) Subsidy Program, including such Acts and Divisions as:
– the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933,
– the Agricultural Act of 1949,
– and the Commodity Credit Corporation.
- Any type of Corporate/Business Welfare (subsidies).
- The Food Stamps Program.
- Future statist-socialist programs such as Socialized Medicine or Universal Health Care.
- Government Public School System.
Statist-Socialist-oriented Departments, Agencies, and Offices:
- Several Executive Branch Departments and Agencies:
– U.S. Department of the Interior
– U.S. Department of Agriculture
– U.S. Department of Commerce
– U.S. Department of Labor
– U.S. Department of Education
– U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
– U.S. Department of Transportation
– U.S. Department of Energy
– U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
– U.S. Office of the Trade Representative
– U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy
– U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)This also includes any and all other Federal governmental departments, agencies, and organizations, including also any and all of the “hundreds” of related governmental departments, agencies, offices, and organizations at the state and local levels of government.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- The Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice.
- United States Post Office (government monopoly).
- Any Local, State, or Federal Government established, managed, and/or operated Energy or Utility Entities.
Comment: If the United States is ever to return to a truly free society with true limitless economic freedom and prosperity untouched by statist-oriented government interference, manipulation, meddling, regulation, and control, then all the above mentioned statist-oriented elements that exist today (2008) in the United States MUST BE ABOLISHED AND ELIMINATED ENTIRELY.